Thursday, February 07, 2008

is it back?

So i haven't been blogging a while. Kind of didnt feel like doing so, don't know why. :p

I have to admit that college life is and isn't all that its wrapped up to be. I have kind of somewhat developed a love hate relationship with it i suppose. I love college because of the abundant amount of freedom i have. Well fine, not abundant but it sure as hell is more than what i had in high school (obviously).

It's also nice because if i were to skip classes, who would know? The lecturers don't really care much, you can go anywhere you want, and if you skip classes and decide to drive to PD or something during class times, your parents won't know. Restriction is a definite scarcity when compared to high school.

But why I hate...hang on, hate is too strong a word. Why i'm not fully excited and happy and totally in love with it is because I find that "me" time is also a scarcity. See, back in high school, i can actually just stay in the toilet for ten minutes during class or even walk out to the balcony/window place and sit there and stare off into space and no one was going to come in and disturb me and bombard me with questions on whether im okay or not and so on. But in college however, I can't seem to get away. Have some alone time. Not that i don't like being with my friends and all but sometimes you just have to have that you know? I suppose i wouldn't be minding it as much if i get to have "alone" time at home but that i don't have either. Oh well.....

So apart from that. College admittedly has been a blast and also extremely money sucking.
Jarrod and Rawlins, Fig Tree, Starbucks. Those are the expensive places of course... sigh. Unfortunately the mamaks are at the main block.

ANYWAY, its all good i suppose. This however is based on just one month experience of COLLEGE.

did i mention i got into an accident? ;p

No comments: